Tuesday 10 June 2008

Days - make the most of them

The weather has been fabulous lately, warm sunny days, lazy days, gardening days, chilling out days, tidying up days, days when you don't feel like doing anything, and then the house looks like a 'bomb' has hit it...we've had these days for the last 2 weekend, yikes that's amazing for UK, I keep looking up just waiting for those grey clouds to come tumbling in, but no, not a sign. I'm having such fun with wild birds! Yip, at our local town market on a saturday morning the main street is chock-a-block with stalls - one of them being a wild bird seed stall, selling all manner of seeds, you name it they sell it. Fat balls - seeds in every shape and form, even dried eel worms uuuugh....anyway, lard mixed with seeds and dried worms shaped in balls ready for the bird feeder - a bird's gormet meal....you should see my tree - bird feeders, fat balls, seed trays, water trays on the ground under the tree. I 'swear' I can hear the different birds calling their mates, I can identify a black bird, who waits for me to finish hanging up the fat balls, I hear him with his funny little chip, chip chip, then as soon as my back is turned there he is, chirping up a storm, calling all his mates for the feast. Blue tits, robins, 'mossies', starlings, pidgeons, and enormous doves. And this evening my first squirrel, so tomorrow lunchtime I'm off to woolworths for a squirrel feeder and nuts!! MDH is going balistic, he got out of the car the other day and 'clobbered' his head on a fat ball feeder - oh dear!!

This blog is for a special person - COLEEN - my sister you see she has MND - Coleen knew every bird imaginable. She could identify a bird from the call, and anything about that bird. Please support the MND association, read about it and support it where ever you can.

No comments: